"Sinchon Youth Housing" is a rental housing project conducted by E-Land Construction under the Seoul Metropolitan Government's investment and agreement to provide housing space for young people who are suffering from housing shortages. For young people in their 20s and 30s and newlyweds, a new apartment provided with a deposit of 50,000,000 won and a monthly rent of 250,000 won. The project is supported by the government and built by private companies as part of a ‘Public-supported private rental housing project’. Private enterprise provides housing facilities to young people and newlyweds who need support, and the government supports such as investment and deregulation. The characteristics and advantages of this policy include eight-year guarantee of residence, restrictions on an annual 5% increase in rent, preferential supply to homeless people, and supply them at lower rents than the market price. E-land Sinchon Youth Housing also has the advantages of this, and is especially located in a place equipped with a major infrastructure called Sinchon in Seoul. It is also a triple station area with Sinchon Station on Line 2, Gyeongui Central Line, and Line 6, and Sogang, Yonsei, and Ewha Womans University are located nearby. It is also a house for young people and features a residential and commercial complex where shops such as study cafes and fitness are located in the building. With B5F~16F, 589 houses ranging from 5.3 pyeong to 8.9 pyeong were supplied. Of the 589 households, 60 were used as public rental housing for dormitory-type provided to college students in other regions, while 529 were sold to the general public youth by E-Land Construction. The price was supplied at a lower price than the surrounding market price, and the deposit was also prepared to be loaned in various ways from the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
Development Scale: Building
Total Development Cost: N/A
Total Land Area: 5,232.00m^2
Total Development Area: 35,383.51m^2
Area Type: Urban Area - Urban Residential Area
Start Date: 2017/12/07
Opening Date: 2021/02/19
Planning Approval: ㈜이랜드월드, ㈜이랜드건설 , 2017.12.07
Lead Developer: Owner - ㈜이베데스다제일호위탁관리 부동산 투자회사, Construction - ㈜ 이랜드건설
Consultants: 서울특별시, ㈜이랜드월드, 소유주 - ㈜이베데스다제일호위탁관리 부동산 투자회사, 온라인대행 - ㈜더다함커뮤니케이션즈
1. Housing instability due to rising housing prices in Seoul and the metropolitan area. · From 2015, Park Geun-Hye government supported the middle class to insecurity housing price in metropolitan area. This policy called ‘New Stay’. · By rental houses, Ensuring housing stability for up to 8 years for citizens in the Seoul at a lower price than the market price · Policies that benefit private enterprise which constructed rental house a lot · As the housing problem in the Seoul metropolitan area became more serious, Moon Jae-in government further strengthen the public point in 2017 to lower rents and start a private rental housing project with residential support such as caring for homeless and low-income people. 2. The retail industry is in a slump due to the economic downturn · E-land's main business, the distribution industry, has turned to the construction industry due to the downturn. · Use of the Sinchon E-Land office building as the first youth housing site of E-Land Construction; · E-Land Construction set up a REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts) company called "이베데스다제일호" in collaboration with the Housing and Urban Fund(주택도시기금) to launch a full-fledged youth housing project. · Suwon 2001 outlet run by E-Land Retail, Dong-A outlet in Daegu is closed, Seo-myeon, Busan, and Dunsan site in Daejeon, which were purchased to set up hotels and distribution stores, are also used as youth housing. · Based on youth housing projects, E-Land Construction's construction capability evaluation ranking has risen and awareness has risen
NIMBY: Opposition from the surrounding residents · Recognition of youth housing as an abomination facility (thinking the quality of residence is lowered due to young people) · Concerns about the prospect right, right to enjoy sunshine and housing prices · Raising the issue of invasion of privacy of residents of apartments across the street
E-Land Construction submitted a plan to the Seoul Metropolitan Government to make the Sinchon office building, which was used as an E-land Retail office building in 2016, a rental house for young people in the station area. · E-Land, which celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2020, shows its commitment to solving social problems for young people. · The goal is to make it a symbolic space that can serve as a stepping stone for the younger generation.
The project permission order of youth housing projects in the station area 1. 용산구 한강로2가 일원(사업고시 2017.03) 2. 서대문구 청정로3가 일원(사업고시 2017.04) 3. 마포구 서교동 일원(사업고시 2017.04) 4. 강서구 화곡동 일원(사업고시 2017.09)
By providing high-quality affordable public and private rental housing in the station area where young people are in high demand for housing, the housing shortage of young people and revitalization of the local economy. 청년들의 주거 수요가 많은 역세권에 양질의 부담가능한 공공 및 민간 임대주택을 제공함으로써 청년층의 주거난 해소 및 지역 경제 활성화(출처: 역세권 청년주택 공식 홈페이지, 서울특별시 도시계획시설사업 실시계획 변경인가 고시)
· Compulsory lease period of ample and stable is - 8 years · To avoid worrying about rent - Limiting rent increase by 5% per year · Reduce rent-Free 5–15% cheaper than ambient household expenses · Strengthening support for occupants - Preferential supply to homeless people · High accessibility of occupants - Supply of housing in the city center · 넉넉하고 안정적인 의무임대기간-8년 · 임대료 걱정없도록-임대료 상승 연 5%제한 · 임대료 부담 경감-주변시세대비 5~15%저렴 · 입주자 지원 강화-무주택자 우선 공급 · 입주자의 높은 접근성-도심 내 민간주택 공급 (출처: 이랜드건설 이랜드 신촌 청년주택 홈페이지 http://elandhome.co.kr/sub/sub01_04.php, 공공지원 민간임대주택 공식 홈페이지)
· opposition from nearby residents - right to view, damage to privacy, falling housing prices, and traffic congestion · Recognition of youth housing as an abomination facility - Boundary of promiscuity among youth; · Social controversy over E-Land Co. - part-time expenses and labor costs issues
· Operation of public dormitories for university students in other regions for the first time in the Youth Housing in the station area (6 local governments including Samcheok, Inje, Jeongseon, Cheorwon, Gyeongsangbuk-do, and Changnyeong, Gyeongsangnam-do) - 120 dormitory residents from 60 households only need to pay management expenses 100,000 won per month without deposit or rent. · The Seoul Metropolitan Government Support Center for Childcare(서울시육아종합지원센터) · National and public Kindergarten(국공립유치원) · Supplementation of residents' management expenses using parking lots for outsiders and projects using neighborhood living facilities, etc.
Trying to accept complaints from existing residents. · The height of the 17th floor that was planned to be divided into two buildings and changed to the 16th and 10th floors respectively to minimize infringement of view rights and sunshine rights. · Designed with an opaque window that cannot be opened completely due to complaints about privacy violations of apartments across from the north-facing window. · Parking lot problem- selected young people without cars as a priority and plan to place parking lots on the B2~B5th floor but not for residents, but nearby apartment residents adding revenue from parking lot business to resident management expenses
The building is divided into two main buildings, 15F and 16F. The building stands in the direction of looking at the southeastern Seogang-ro. In addition, the northwest, the back of the building, is a space facing the DESIAN apartment, with a park and a children's playground in between. In addition, the site has a hill southwest, so the first floor from the northeast is B1 from the southwest. Therefore, there are four residential entrances, one at the front and one at the back of the building and one at the front. On the other hand, one entrance to the non-residential facilities was placed on the first floor and one on the first floor, respectively, between buildings 101 and 102. If you look at the layout map, you can see that a green area was formed on the rooftop and terrace to create a resting area.
Residential facilities (17m^2, 26m^2, 29m^2-A,B,C Type, Public dormitory), Book cafe, Laundry room, Fitness Center, National Kindergarten, Children's Playground, Seoul Metropolitan Government Child Care Support Center(서울시 육아종합지원센터), rooftop garden, neighborhood facilities, management room
2017. 12. - Business Notice 2018. 06.-Start Construction 2020. 09.-Recruitment of Residents 2021.01.31.-Completion 2021.02.19.-Started moving in 2021.03.31-Official finished moving in
It started moving in on February 19, 2021 and has been moved in until March 31. The 529 households rented the house from E-Land to young people, while the 60 households rented it from Seoul as a dormitory-type station area youth house. There are no vacancies in the youth housing, but few shops on the B1st floor are still operating normally. Although there are no vacancies on the side of the shopping mall, only two shops are operating and a support center for childcare and kindergartens provided by Seoul Metropolitan Government are operating even though all residents are occupied due to the delay in moving in. In addition, the study cafe, fitness center, and coin laundry room, which are convenience facilities in the complex advertised by E-Land, have some facilities, but the opening is being delayed due to operational problems and corona, causing complaints from residents.
· E-land's first youth housing project in the station area has not been carried out- Continuous delays in schedules, facilities that have not been opened even after residents move in, and lack of prompt handling of complaints from residents. · Collective selfishness of existing local residents · Residents' less active unity
In this era, when housing prices have risen constantly and housing instability has become serious, I think it is a very important and excellent project to provide housing stability for those young people in need of support.
It's a project that reflects what young people want and need. · Transportation facilities · Around the university district · Low monthly rent and deposit · Neat new facilities · Convenience facilities suitable for youth lifestyle
It is good for the Seoul Metropolitan Government to leave the project to a private company. It can be expected to be a project with greater economic benefits and more efficient than just a public project. However, E-Land, who is working on the project for the first time, could not have solved everything well from the beginning. I think the Seoul Metropolitan Government should have been more active in working on the project together. Of course, I know that there are specific architectural design guidelines and legislation on youth housing. What I want to say is 'project proceedings'. The project, which was aimed at completing the move in 2020, has been delayed continuously, and there have been complaints that E-Land has chosen tenants on its own standards and is unfair. In addition, residents complain that so far, not many convenience facilities in shopping malls and buildings have been fully opened. The project's timeline, communication with tenants, and tenant selection process would have been more complete if Seoul and E-Land had more actively communicated and oriented. Therefore, I think the Seoul Metropolitan Government should cooperate with private companies with clearer guidelines and plans when conducting public-supported private rental housing projects such as youth housing in the station area.
I think the E-land Sinchon Youth Housing Project had many problems, but if you look at the goal of the first project, it was a successful project and it is worth investing in the youth housing project in the station area. I think it is meaningful in itself that young people can give them a chance to prepare for the future without worrying about housing for a certain period of time in a society where everything is unstable. In particular, E-Land Sinchon Youth Housing recorded the highest competition rate of 50:1 among youth housing in the station area. This means that the demand for well-equipped surroundings, internal facilities, and low prices is high. I think investment from Seoul and private companies should continue so that many young people can benefit.
"ONLY include literature and other medium. List all sources and references separated by commas. 서울특별시고시 제2017-452호, 「도시계획시설사업(도시철도 및 부대시설)실시계획 변경인가 고시」, 『서울시보 제3441호』, 2017.12.14. 서울특별시고시 제2020-559호, 「마포 창전동 19-8 일원 역세권 청년주택(공공지원민간임대주택) 공급촉진지구 지정(변경)〮지구계획 승인(변경) 고시 및 도시관리계획(지구단위계획구역 및 계획) 결정(변경)〮지형도면 고시」, 『서울시보 제3635호』, 2020.12.17. 서울시 주택공급과-역세권계획팀, 「역세권 청년 주택 사업인가 완료 사업장 현황」, 『서울특별시 홈페이지』 2021.04.20. 이랜드건설, 「이랜드신촌청년주택임차인모집공고」, 2020.09. "